I Dr.S.Natarajan was proud to have this oath administered to me and other ophthalmologist by Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam at Patna, Bihar on 16th July 2009.
I request every ophthalmologist in state and country to have this oath taken by each and every ophthalmologists in our country.
"Oath for Ophthalmology Community"
- I, as an eye care professional realize by removing darkness and giving light to the patient is indeed God's mission.
- Based on the experience and my core competence as a Doctor, I am capable of diagnosing the exact disease at right time.
- I will not allow the patient to go through the diagnostics pain by making them to undergo all type of diagnostics tests for which is it is not needed.
- I will treat at least 100 rural patients in a year by going to rural areas and arrange cataract operations.
- I will encourage the development of quality indigenous equipments and consumables by making use of them and assisting in enhancing the quality and reliability of the products.
- I will follow the motto "Let my brain remove the pain of the suffering humanity and bring smiles".
- I will always give part of my time for treating patients who cannot afford. I will work for providing quality eye-care to all the needy citizens of India within the next 3 years.