- 06.02.2006 : Dr. S. Natarajan, entered into a MoU for "Retinal Stem cell Research"
(to be first in India) with Nichi-In Centre for regenerative Medicine with its global headquarters in Japan. The MoU was
signed in the presence of our Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri R. R. Patil, Mr. Sushil Jiwarajka,
Chairman of FICCI - western region, and Mr. Hyosukue Yasui, Consulate General of Japan.
- Vitreous Culture Medicine - Dr. Prashanth, 1994.
- Development of newer vitrectomy instruments, 1992.
- Started Aditya Jyot Research Foundation, Dec. 1991.
- Histopathological analysis of epiretinal membranes, Dr. J.Biswas, Dr. S. Natarajan,
1988. (work carried out in collaboration with pathology department, Estelle Doheney Eye Foundation, Los Angeles, U.S.A.)
- Madras diabetic research study conducted by Vision Research Foundation,
Dr. Chandran Abraham, Dr. S.S. Badrinath, Dr. S.Natarajan et al, 1986.
- Conducted interdisciplinary research project on Aetiology of childhood Diarrhoeas in Institute of Chilld Health and Department
of Electron Microscopy and Microbiology, Madras Vetenerary College, July 1981.
- First undergraduate to present an original paper at
Madras Medical College Research Society in October 1979.
- One of the first applicants of I.C.M.R. short term research studentship in Department
of Pharmocology & Cardiology, Madras Medical College, March 1979.